BRAND DISCOVERY AUDIT
A strong brand increases the value of the company and creates more profit
A comprehensive Brand Discovery Audit can tell you possible new growth opportunities for your brand, and new ways to make your brand resonate with both existing and a new generation of target customers who will represent your brand’s long-term future.
Brand discovery is a crucial step in aligning your business goals to brand strategy and maximizing the long-term success of your brand. This audit evaluates the brand image, communications, consumer perception, and competition. It gives purpose, defines personality, and delivers the promise through better branding.
Brands are like living entities with life cycles. They start with much excitement and promise, grow and then eventually plateau. It’s at this mature stage of evolvement when they potentially start to lose relevance as customers move on to the latest hot new thing.
Strong brands make more money. The stronger your brand, the more powerful your business. A powerful brand can inspire, captivate and engage your audience and consequently dramatically increase your bottom line. However, even strong brands need a reality check or health check to keep them on track.
A robust, consistent brand means you spend less money on attracting new customers. Your current customers keep coming back to you, and you are able to charge a premium price for your goods and services. A powerful brand also encourages referrals, be they online in the social engagement arena or offline in physical form, and are consequently a critical part of the brand and its profitability.
Equally, a weak, disconnected, out-of-touch brand will gradually see its market shrink, falling sales and ultimately put you out of business.
BRAND DISCOVERY AUDIT
What is a Brand Audit?
A brand audit enables you to identify your brand’s strengths and weaknesses together with opportunities for innovation and growth so if your profits are falling or sales are not performing a brand audit health check will help give you insights into your brand’s impact and performance in the marketplace and, most importantly, why it’s not delivering.
A brand audit is effectively a health check of the brand to identify and address problems areas with a net result of helping you turn things around and grow your bottom line.
Brand image is the customer's perception of your brand based on their interactions.
Brand communication takes place every time a potential customer or client interacts with a particular brand.
Marketing concept that encompasses a customer's impression, awareness, or consciousness about a company or its offerings.
Brand Competition can be defined as the rivalry between the companies offering the similar line of products or services in the same target market
A brand purpose is essentially a brand's reason for being beyond making money
It is the set of human trait and characteristics assigned to the brand.
Why do a brand discovery audit?
A comprehensive brand audit will often reveal new growth opportunities for your brand, and new ways to make your brand resonate with both existing and a new generation of target customers who will represent your brand’s long-term future. A brand audit will help identify both the company and the customer viewpoint in terms of:
- Business and brand resource strengths
- Value of the brand
- Awareness of the brand in the market
- Deficiencies of the brand
- New trends and market opportunities
- Outside threats
- New product development and future channels of profitability
- Competitive standing in the market
- Perception, image, reputation and attitude to the brand in the market
- Effectiveness of brand management efforts
Deliverables of a Brand Audit
Essentially a brand audit will reveal how the customer perceives your brand, how your brand compares to the competition and how your brand has performed. The outputs will typically support the following:
- Improve and refocus brand management efforts and congruency
- Enhance internal staff brand awareness
- Sharpen marketing communications both on and offline
- Provide insight into your brand architecture, business structure and brand portfolio
- Evaluate and refocus your brand positioning
- Ensure your brand collateral is congruent and delivers return on investment
- Provide direction for your brand into the future
- Secure and grow the value of your brand/business through consistent implementation of recommendations derived from brand audit findings
- Review of existing research
Includes: All strategic documents, business intent documentation, design and communications material dating back to the origin of organization or brand
- Follow-up requests for further documentation (as needed)
- Recommendations regarding existing work and opportunities
- Brand Audit Report (and training)
Auditing to your business goals
We discovery audit your brand to your specific requirements, company goals, consumer perception, and competition so you are best equipped to:
- Solidify brand values
- Improve company culture
- Increase market share
- Stand out from your competition more
- Potential higher revenues
- Enhance credibility, customer trust, and market recognition
- Ensure you maintain relevance in the marketplace
- Increase IP brand asset value
BRAND DISCOVERY AUDIT
How we work with you.
We Make It Easy To Work With Us Using Simple Processes
We would love to hear from you, please fill out the form below to see how we can help you!
Our Branding Services
Strategically-Focused Branding Agency based in Scotland, working with companies in Edinburgh, Glasgow, London and across the UK and Europe.